Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
Teaching Specialty courses is extremely rewarding, enjoyable and allows you to teach your true passion.
After successful completion of your PADI Dive Instructor Exam, we dedicate our time and focus, on teaching our newest dive instructors, on how to conduct the PADI specialty programs on our unique PADI MSDT Master Scuba Diver Trainer Specialty Program.
Being a PADI MSDT MASTER SCUBA DIVER TRAINER means you students will be able to learn from an expert in that particularly PADI Specialty Course. You are able to train student divers so they can reach the pinnacle certification in recreational diving.
This course starts with the PADI Specialty Dive Instructor Course where you learn how to plan, conduct and market PADI Specialty courses in at least 5 different areas. We cover knowledge development and course standards specific to the areas you choose. Candidates are also required to present sections of the Academic’s in the classroom, participate in in-water workshops as well as Open water teaching presentations.
You need a minimum of 5 specialties instructor ratings for MSDT. These are the recommended specialties that we can teach you:
- PADI Enriched Air Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Wreck Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Oxygen Provider Instructor
- PADI Night Diver Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Navigation Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Search & Recovery Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Self Reliant Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Adaptive Techniques Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Drift Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty Diving Instructor
To be able to send in your application for these specialties you need to have proof of experience of 10 dives in your logbook for that field. If you do not have these dives then you can get that extra experience with us. Please let us know if you have any questions about this.
Specialty such as Sidemount Diver and Self Reliant Diver requires more experience in the specific field and proof of student level certification that you can complete with us.
[ 650 USD or 15% off when booked in advance ]
To achieve the full MSDT rating, you need to get 5 PADI specialty ratings and certify 25 students for any PADI course. You can get these 25 certifications by teaching independently after the MSDT course anywhere in the world. Once you have achieved the 25 certifications you can then apply directly to PADI for the MSDT rating. In the mean time you are already allowed to teach the specialties.
Optional on top of your IDC with 15% off when booked in advance.
- 5 Specialty Instructor specialties. (excluding PADI fees)
Specialty Instructor Application: 106 AUD/Specialty or 4 for 5 promo.