PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course
As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor you can teach assistant instructors and assist on PADI instructor Development courses. It is your chance to travel the world, meet great people and dive in exotic locations. Our PADI Staff Instructor course packages can make this a reality!
As a Staff Instructor you are qualified to teach the Assistant Instructor course, staff IDCs and it is your step towards Master Instructor and the PADI Course Director course. It is a great career move putting you in a position where you can move through to PADI Master Instructor and Course Director, giving you a greater insight into the PADI teaching philosophy and dive industry marketing, valuable skills if you plan to own or manage dive centres.
[ Contact us for Courses fees ]
Our PADI Staff Instructor Course Includes:
- ALL COURSE MATERIALS and evaluation slates
- PADI COURSE DIRECTOR MANUAL and application code
- PADI OPEN WATER & CONFINED presentation slates
These materials are essential tools during your training and for teaching Assistant Instructors in the future.
We will also provide you with loads of digital materials to help you in your career as a Staff Instructor and help you with advice in how to build a successful Assistant Instructor training programme.
IDC Staff Instructor Course Prerequisite
To qualify for training on your PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, you must:
- Be a qualified PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT)
- Be fit for diving and submit a PADI MEDICAL STATEMENT signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Have proof of CPR and FIRST AID TRAINING within the last 24 months (The PADI EFR course meets this requirement)
What Will You Learn..??
After we have pre-assessed your instructor-level dive theory, professional level demonstration quality dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in the following sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organise and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counselling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
You also have the option to audit an entire IDC to gain more practice and experience with evaluating and counselling. This involves participating in all 20 IDC curriculum presentations, and evaluating candidate presentations in the classroom, swimming pool and out in the ocean.
As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor, you are certified to independently teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course as well as assist a PADI Course Director on the PADI Instructor Development Course and other instructor-level continuing education courses such as PADI Specialty Instructor training programs.
On this course you focus on evaluation and counselling, taking in all those things you miss on your first IDC as you focus on passing the exam. Our Staff Instructor course runs in conjunction with IDCs and really are a great way to refresh and renew your teaching practices. We will also overview standards for assistant instructor and IDC candidates plus review how to schedule and market an assistant instructor course.
The PADI IDC Dive Centres that we choose to work with are the most successful in their regions. Be part of that success and start your career on the right track. That is a real job opportunity!